That health and social care is facing significant challenges in the coming years is unquestionable, so we cannot afford to stand still. We have to transform our health and social care system to make sure we can continue to deliver world class services.
'Seize the Moment - Deliver the Future' is the theme for the Hospital Caterers Association 2017 Leadership & Development Forum, which is being hosted by the Northern Ireland Branch of the HCA on April 6 - 7, 2017 at the Europa Hotel in Belfast.
By next April, NI's expert panel should have reached the specific terms of reference for the optimal configuration of health and social care services in Northern Ireland. Our ambition is to set out and explore the 'case for change'.
The experts at our Forum will 'seize the moment to deliver the future' by suggesting how we can achieve a single service, with a 4 Nations' delivery vision by describing the approach taken to integrated care in Northern Ireland, looking at specific changes to Northern Ireland's health system.
Key topic areas are:
- Coordinated services and what this could mean
- Quality Control - CQC/RQIA
- Staff Health - a push for a healthier workforce
- NHS/ Social Care integration - the Patient/Client experience - '10,000 voices', and
- Sustainability - Agriculture/Farming and the NHS
And if we are to achieve this aim:
- Local and national collaboration and coordination is essential
- A single reporting framework should be adopted across all Trusts, and
- Rapid effective adoption and implementation of the recommendations and the engagement of NHS Improvement is imperative
So we invite you to 'Seize the Moment - Deliver the Future' at the HCA's 2017 L&D Forum.
It's the shape of things to come, and you can't afford to miss it...
HCA 2017 National Secretary, HCA L&D Forum